Mediterranean Couscous Salad
This is best when the Israeli Couscous is prepared a few hours in advance, so it is already chilled for mixing. Also, I recommend letting the dressing sit in the salad for a few hours to fully incorporate the flavoring. My favorite time to eat this is actually a day later when the flavor has set.
For the Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
For the Israeli Couscous
- 2 cups Pearl Couscous (Israeli Couscous)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red onions
- ½ English cucumber, finely chopped
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained, roughly chopped if needed
- 15-20 fresh mint leaves
- 3 oz feta cheese
- Prepare Israeli Couscous per instructions on package. Set aside in a large mixing bowl and chill in fridge for 1-2 hours
- To make the vinaigrette, place the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together to combine. Set aside briefly.
- In mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients minus the feta and mint.
- Remove couscous from fridge and combine vegetable mixture with couscous.
- Add Lemon Vinaigrette it to the couscous salad. Mix again to combine.
- Add Feta, mint leaves, and season with salt and pepper. Mix final time