- 6 heaping cups cauliflower florets, from 1-1/2 pound cauliflower cut into 1-inch florets
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, to taste
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Smash the garlic cloves with the side of the knife.
- Place the cauliflower florets and smashed garlic in a large bowl and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Shake the bowl a few times to coat the cauliflower evenly with the oil.
- In a small bowl combine the turmeric, cumin, salt and crushed red pepper flakes. Sprinkle evenly over cauliflower, tossing well to coat evenly.
- Place the cauliflower on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake in the center of the oven until browned and tender, about 25-30 minutes, turning the florets occasionally so they are evenly cooked
- Garnish with cilantro