Rich and tasty soup on a cold night. Since I don’t usually keep half and half in the shelve, I generally improvise with either a coconut milk or 2% milk.
I used white mushrooms, but baby bella mushrooms can be used as well.
I made this to complement the salmon patties and green beans for dinner. See next posts!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced ( small carton)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and onion until tender. Salt and pepper lightly
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, thyme, and two cups of broth until smooth; stir into mushroom mixture. Stir in remaining broth. Add two bay leaves
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in milk. Simmer, uncovered, until flavors are blended, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaves before serving
- Garnish with cracked pepper