Don’t be a hater. This chili has beans.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 jalapeno minced
- 14 oz can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 14 oz can black beans rinses and drained
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- Red onion, cilantro, cheese, tortilla chips (for toppings)
- On 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot, press Sauté and let appliance preheat until display says Hot.
- Swirl a bit of olive oil to coat, add ground turkey and cook for 4 minutes, breaking into small pieces with spatula often. Meat doesn’t have to cook through.
- If you see bottom of the pot has stuck browned bits of meat, add 1/2 cup broth and deglaze the pot.
- Press Cancel and add remaining 1/2 cup (if deglazed) or 1 cup broth.
- Add onion, garlic, jalapeno, beans, chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Do not stir to avoid Burn.
- Close the lid, set pressure vent to Sealing and press Pressure Cook on High or Manual for 15 minutes.
- After release pressure using Quick Release by turning pressure valve to Venting position, which takes 2-3 minutes.
- Open the lid, stir
- Top with your favorite chili toppings